Allergy SHOTS will be given by APPOINTMENT ONLY/ no walk-ins. Please call 843-293-0093 for an appointment for an allergy shot during regular business hours. With the official ending of the global emergency for the Covid19 pandemic earlier this month, we are officially resuming our policy for the waiting period for all patients receiving allergy shots. The policy states all patients on allergy shots must remain INSIDE THE OFFICE ONLY, for 30 minutes. There are no exceptions. If you are unable to wait inside the office for 30 minutes please reschedule. Failure to abide by this policy will lead to discontinuation of your allergy immunotherapy shots. Thank you for your cooperation.
Mark Schecker, M.D.
Please note this practice is OUT OF NETWORK with ALL Medicare Replacement/Advantage Policies as well as Medicaid and ALL EPO products.
Dr. Schecker has made my quality of life exceptional with diagnosis and treatment."
— Barbara H., patient
Are you suffering from allergies?
"My Nasal Allergy Journal" can help. To learn more, click here.
Since 1995, Dr. Schecker has treated thousands of the Grand Strand community’s residents and visitors for allergies, asthma and a broad spectrum of symptoms and medical conditions within the following categories.
3516 Caduceus Drive
Myrtle Beach, S.C. 29588
Dr. Schecker’s office provides allergy shots for those who require them. He is proactive in addressing the challenges patients may face and educating his patients, and the community, about symptoms, conditions and treatment plans.
Did you know?
- Allergies are the 5th leading chronic illness amongst adults in America and the 3rd leading chronic illness amongst children.
- Nationally, up to 50% of the population has allergies.
- Nearly 8% of the population has asthma with a growing number of children being diagnosed with the condition.
- One-third of the population has non-allergic rhinitis.
- Allergy shots, also known as allergen immunotherapy or allergy vaccines, are FDA approved and do not contain steroids. They are the only treatment for allergy that treats the underlying cause of allergy rather than just controls the symptoms.
- Reduce the likelihood of developing new allergies even after they are discontinued.
- Reduce the likelihood of children with allergic rhinitis (nasal allergy) developing asthma.
- When successful, produce beneficial effects that can last for many years even after they are discontinued.
An allergist will treat all types of respiratory illness including colds,
upper respiratory infections, etc. - not just asthma.
Providing personalized family care to the Grand Strand Community since 1995.
Take a quiz to see how much you know about pollen
Is Your Diet Making You Sick?
Follow us on
2023 OFFICE CLOSINGS & CHANGED HOURS
May 29, 2023
4th of July=
July 4, 2023
July 17-27, 2023
September 4, 2023
September 16, 2023
September 25, 2023
November 23-24, 2023
Winter Holiday= Friday December 22-Monday January 1
*Re-Open=Tuesday January 2nd
Closed= Wednesday January 31st-Friday February 9th
*Re-Open= Monday February 12th
Please allow up to 48 HOURS to call in or
e-scribe your PRESCRIPTION.
If you need them SOONER, please ask for a WRITTEN script.